West Ham 0-3 Tottenham - Post-match reaction


Spurs head coach Thomas Frank praised his players for a “very impressive” 3-0 victory over West Ham, highlighting standout performances from Lucas Bergvall and debutant Xavi Simons, and underlined the importance of the clean sheet.

Frank said, “I think it’s a testament to the boys, we haven’t won here in six years that shows how difficult it is to play here and now we won 3-0 here today I think that’s impressive.”


Lucas Bergvall marked his 50th appearance for the club with a standout display, scoring his first Premier League goal and setting up Van de Ven’s third.

Frank was full of praise for the 19-year-old midfielder, not just for his his technical ability, but his presence on the ball.


“I think his performance was very good today. I really like his energy, his pressing skill, his enthusiasm, fantastic goal well timed run, top ball from Romero and a well executed header,” he added.


Xavi Simons also caught the eye on debut, and Frank highlighted the Dutchman’s creativity and confidence from the first whistle.


“I like he took initiative on the ball, every time he was on the ball he tried to create something, and I think he had a wonderful assist for the first goal from a corner.”


Saturday’s win marked Tottenham’s third clean sheet in four Premier League games.While Spurs’ fluidity stood out, Frank was just as pleased with how the team defended, noting the importance of the clean sheet. And with the back line continuing to settle under Frank’s system, it’s clear that defensive structure is a cornerstone of Frank’s approach.


He said, “Obviously, we want to score, we want to play forward, play offensive football, but that foundation to get clean sheets is key, it’s something we’ve worked very hard on throughout pre-season the players deserve a lot of praise.”


Frank also touched one Romero’s disallowed goal. While diplomatic, he didn’t hide his opinion on the decision.


“For me it’s a clear goal, the player that marks Micky doesn’t look at the ball and he’s got two hands around him. slightly biased, 60-40 it should have been given but I know in that situation it’s not easy.”


While Frank was clearly pleased with both the performance and result, he made it clear that the focus now shifts to Tuesday’s upcoming Champions League fixture against Villarreal.


“I’m happy with the win but now it’s all about the game on Tuesday.”

Frank is now looking for consistent progression, and after a landmark result at a difficult ground, Spurs will look to carry the momentum into another crucial week


Comments